- Responsible dog owners and their pets are welcome, but dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and picked up after immediately.
- Do not enter land that is marked as private – there are plenty of public footpaths and spaces. Please ask if you need directions.
- Do not feed any livestock.
- Do not introduce sparks to the surrounding woods and heathland as they are very dry and fires are a real risk. Please also do not collect deadwood locally as it is important for habitats – wood is available from the Camp Kitchen.
- No music on electronic devices (not even phones, tablets or car radios – listen to the birds instead!).
- Keep noise to a minimum after 10:30pm.
- No vehicles on the field.
- Check-out time is 11am for pre-erected tents and 1pm for grass pitches.
In light of COVID-19 we have recently changed our usual booking policy and are subscribing to Cool Camping’s ‘Coronavirus Booking Guarantee’ which we hope provides increased flexibility and reassurance to our guests. This means:
- A low deposit of just 20% to secure your booking
- Balance not due until 10 days before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance
- Complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 18 months in the event of Coronavirus restrictions: in the event of cancellation due to Coronavirus restrictions or for self-isolation, the customer has the flexibility to move the booking to alternative available dates within 18 months of the start date of their holiday (the ‘flexible rebooking policy’) with no additional charges. If the customer chooses a date where the same accommodation is only available at a higher price,the additional prevailing rate for the stay will be due. The flexible rebooking policy is only available for cancellations related to genuine Coronavirus restrictions. Flexible rebooking is not available for cancellations related to weather or other reasons.
- Due to the low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds can be offered on either the deposit or the balance. If the customer fails to pay the balance by 10 days prior to the holiday start date, the deposit may be deemed to be forfeited by the campsite and the booking cancelled. In such an event the flexible rebooking policy will no longer apply.
- Insurance: we recommend additional cancellation insurance to cover in the event of cancellations other than Coronavirus restrictions.
To be legal about it, Woodfire Camping is used by all persons at their own risk. Camping at Woodfire entitles you to access the camping field and the farm drive from the public road to the campsite itself, the woods either side of the driveway are not owned by us, and exploring them may lead to our campsite license being revoked. The field leads directly on to a public footpath which takes you across plenty of stunning fields and through gorgeous woodland but we must ask you to respect the private property of our neighbours. The Westerlands Estate is a working farm and stud and parents must ensure children are properly supervised at all times.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure a safe campsite we cannot accept responsibility for your possessions or personal injuries sustained whilst on the property or having campfires, but we firmly believe that spending time in this rural environment with its inherent ‘risks’ teaches children – and everyone! – valuable lessons about life, which let’s face it, is not a zero-risk venture!
Standard GDPR notice: We collect your personal details, name, address, email, telephone number and credit card details when you place a booking, these details are used for the purposes of managing your booking and receiving your payment. Should you wish for your personal details to be removed from our booking database after your stay with us, or after cancelling your booking, you may instruct us to remove it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your booking reference with this request.
If you opt in to our mailing list whilst placing your booking, we will add your name, address and email details to our marketing database and use these details in order to communicate with you in the future. We will not share this information with anyone else. All of our marketing emails will include the ability to have your data removed from our marketing database.