Terms and Conditions
Our rules are mostly about respect and responsibility, which we’re sure you would show anyway, but do still make yourself aware of them. Please be aware that if you or anyone you are responsible for behaves in a way that may disturb other campers, you will be asked to leave immediately.
- Please drive slowly and carefully on Estate farm tracks and drives.
- On arrival, please leave your car in the car park and check in before you pitch your tent.
- Please respect others’ social distance and help maintain the cleanliness of common use areas.
- Dogs are welcome on grass pitches (unfortunately we can’t accommodate them in our pre-erected tents) but must be kept on a lead at all times and picked up after immediately. Dogs who cause problems will have to leave.
- Please do not play electronic devices (not even phones, tablets or car radios – listen to the birds instead!)
- Please respect our quiet hours between 10:30pm and 7.30am. Very quiet voices around the campfire is fine but be aware other people are sleeping close-by.
- Do not enter land that is marked as private – there are plenty of public footpaths and spaces. Please ask if you need directions.
- Do not feed any livestock.
- Do not introduce sparks to the surrounding woods and heathland as they are very dry and fires are a real risk. Please also do not collect deadwood locally as it is important for habitats – wood is available from the Camp Kitchen.
- Check-out time is 11am for pre-erected tents and 1pm for grass pitches.
The last couple of years have been difficult for everyone and we recognise the huge amount of support we received from campers who wanted small independent businesses like us to stay afloat. In turn we accommodated all last minute rebookings and cancellations due to coronavirus. However the advent of new strains of the virus and the continuing situation means that we now are treating Coronavirus as an ongoing part of life and we have reverted our cancellation policy to our pre-covid terms to reflect this. Thanks for your understanding.
30 days or more before your stay, we will refund 90% of your booking.
29-15 days before your stay, we’ll refund 50% of your booking.
No refunds are available if you cancel 14 days or less before your stay.
– Woodfire Camping is used by all persons at their own risk. Camping at Woodfire entitles you to access the camping field and the farm drive from the public road to the campsite itself. The field leads directly on to a public footpath which takes you across plenty of stunning fields and through gorgeous woodland but we must ask you to respect the private property of our neighbours. Both our campsites are adjacent to working farmland and livestock and parents must ensure children are properly supervised at all times.
– Whilst we make every effort to ensure a safe campsite we cannot accept responsibility for your possessions or personal injuries sustained whilst on the property or having campfires. We firmly believe that spending time in an outdoor environment with its inherent ‘risks’ teaches everyone valuable lessons about life, which is not a zero-risk venture!
– By booking with us, it is understood that you have read and will abide by these terms and conditions.
– Unfortunately, Woodfire Camping cannot be not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event we are prevented from fulfilling your booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but will not be limited to) war, terrorism, serious crime, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
- We take your personal details, name, address, email, telephone number and credit card details when you place a booking – these details are used for the purposes of managing your booking and receiving your payment. Should you wish for your personal details to be removed from our booking database after your stay with us, or after cancelling your booking, you may instruct us to remove it by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include your booking reference with this request.
- If you opt in to our mailing list whilst placing your booking, we will add your name, address and email details to our marketing database and we will use these details in order to communicate with you in the future. We will not share this information with anyone else. All of our marketing emails will include the ability to have your data removed from our marketing database.